Fair Housing: Know Your Rights Online
Maryland Public Libraries present the inaugural Career Success Month [Jan 17 - Feb 17, 2023.] Hosted by libraries throughout Maryland, Career Success Month provides library customers with guidance from experts on a wide spectrum of business to job advancement topics and help navigate everyday life while pursuing career goals.
For a complete list of classes and workshops and to register, please click HERE.
The Maryland Commission on Civil Rights provides information on fair housing law and housing discrimination issues. Special interest topics such as senior housing, housing and disability accessibility/accommodations, fair housing in real estate and new construction may also be addressed. Workshop content includes:
- Applicable Laws & Definitions
- History of Fair Housing Law
- Legal Exemptions/Exclusions
- Possible Defenses and Legal Remedies
- Harassment & Retaliation
- Current Case Law & Common Workplace Scenarios
- Tips for Preventing Discrimination
- Wednesday, February 15, 2023
- 7:00pm - 8:00pm
- Time Zone:
- Eastern Time - US & Canada (change)
- This is an online event. Event URL will be sent via registration email.